This camp is designed to be a creative and fun way to learn and develop handwriting skills!! Master Printing and Grip Group is a handwriting camp that utilizes the “Handwriting Without Tears” curriculum in conjunction with other therapeutic strategies. The curriculum utilizes a hands-on, multi-sensory approach to writing.
- Fine motor labs to develop strong fine motor skills through activities such as coloring, scissor laps, or tongs
- Pencil grasp development with suggestions of activities or grips when necessary
- Movement and music activities
- Workbook practice
- Small Groups and 1:1 instruction time
- Distribution/discussion of home activities
We will focus on pencil grasp, letter placement, legibility, spacing and letter formation for upper and lowercase letters using direct teaching and fun activities! Each child will be taught at their cognitive and developmental readiness for handwriting. Caregivers do not stay.
Mackenzie Baldock, OTRL-Occupational Therapist, and Amy Heerman, COTA/L-Occupational Therapy Assistant. Our Therapists have over 20 years of experience working with children needing assistance with developing their handwriting skills. Both Therapists are trained in the Handwriting Without Tears curriculum.
1. Children going into 1st or 2nd grade.
June 10th-July 29th
9:30am-10:30 am ~ Meets every Wednesday
2. Children going into 3rd-5th grade.
June 10th-July 29th
11:00am-12:00 pm ~ Meets every Wednesday
$210.00 for the 8-week session. The total is due at time of signup. We would be happy to accept any private insurance and bill them as a courtesy for you. You will be prompted to enter your insurance infromation through our secure site. A refund will be issued if applicable after processing private insurance. Otherwise, no refunds or pro-rating for this camp is available. *If circumstances are beyond our control and we can't hold this group, you will receive a full refund.